If you don’t know how to install the pre release please read this Blog post http://blog.kranxpert.com/?p=188
What is new in the version:
- Added Japanese language translation (thanks to Tadano Japan for that help)
- Fill color support for 3D elements, but only visible in the 3D view
- Add new selection filter to the ‘Install/Upgrade’ function
All = show all cranes available cranes
Not Installed = show only cranes that are not installed
Installed = show all installed cranes
Upgrade = show all cranes where a upgrade exists
- Add round outrigger pads support
- Add search for the object selection and the object overview
- In the options window added default font size
- Add project input text box mobile and email
- In the print preview you can now add additional text information to the planner and a new toolbar button ‘Copy to clipboard’
Since kranXpert version 188.8.131.52 is out you can add images to the front, left side and top view.
Sizing the picture proportional. Default is checked
Lock the drawing element in the planner that the element is not movable / sizable.
When you double click on a insert image or use the tool button in the draw item properties you can edit the image.
With the red rectangles around the picture you can add cut margins. When you want dimensioning the picture like the ground plan picture click on the tool button ‘Dimensioning image’ then the movable dimension is showing, set the dimensioning to the knowing position and input the ‘Dimensioning distance length’ in the edit box.
jpg files don’t support transparent backgrounds, we prefer png files for ‘Add images from file’.
If you need a easy to use picture edit application check out Paint.Net from http://www.getpaint.net
I add a customer wish, he wants customize the measurements view with drawing items and want add own outrigger load information, he also ask for automated dimensioning’s of the outrigger pads.
Now here it is…
Is the upgrade period to long and you can’t wait to get always the newest features/bug fixes?
No problem, in the new version i add a new update feature to get not only the latest public version also include updates for pre release versions.
Per default the feature is disabled, to activate it select in the main menu ‘Options’ then ‘Options’
click on the ‘Misc’ button and here you find the checkbox to include pre release version.
New feature in the upcoming version, adding outrigger pads to the crane.
a new feature for the upcoming version of kranXpert.
The existing help system based on chm file is replaced with a own developed help system based on html/css with the possibility to send actions to kranXpert.
What means interactive? When you work with kranXpert the content of the interactive help window is changed by your doing and give you hints for the current action.
In the help window section ‘Action’ are links that are execute inside of kranXpert. As a sample when you click on the ‘Zoom in’ action in the interactive help window then kranXpert zoom in the view like when you click inside kranXpert on the zoom in button. So you have both worlds reading the manual and execute the methods directly inside kranXpert.
i make a poll about the drawing mouse click methods inside kranXpert in the welcome window.
Do you remember?
The result of this poll was
Most users 44% want to stay with the current click/click method, 38% want a new down/up drawing system. The result show me that I can’t remove the current method, some users want stay with it.
For the next upcoming kranXpert version we find a way to support both ways.
You know when you select the text drawing tool you can place text to the planning.
This text has in the version 1.6 a fixed size also when you zoom, so it could happen that when you zoom that the text is overlap with other text or drawing elements.
Some kranXpert users ask us to make the font size changeable. With changeable fonts size you running more and more in this overlap problem so the only way to fix that is that the font size is a unit size and not a screen size then the text is zooming with the view.
Text height is 5 meters for the ‘Big text’ and for ‘some text’ it is 1.4 meters
We replace the single combo box view and most of the modal setup windows with a inspector editor.
Is was time to create a 2012 version of the free edition and now it is available for download.
What are the difference between the 2011 version:
- remove the kranXpert watermark from the views and printer output.
- add planner save/save as and planner load buttons.
These are small changes, but I think that makes the tool more useful.
Do you know .?
- when a 2.5D view is active and you press the spacebar key and hold it that the function ‘Move view’ is selected and by click the left mouse button and move the mouse you change the view?
- in the 3D view when you press the center mouse button or the mouse wheel that you can change the position of the camera view?
- when you draw a item and you want exit the drawing function that you can press the right mouse button?
- when the drawing selection arrow is selected and you double click on a drawing item that this open’s a property window?